My fitness level is:
- 150g (5.3oz) cooked prawns
- 2 handful’s beansprouts
- ½ cucumber (cut into matchsticks)
- 50g (1.7oz) medium rice noodles
- 400ml tin Light unsweetened coconut milk
- 500ml chicken stock
- Coriander (leaves)
- 2-3 tbs Laksa paste (or use homemade as below)
- Laksa Paste
- Dried red chilli
- 2-3 fresh red chillies (deseeded)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch cubed piece fresh ginger (peeled & chopped)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander stalks
- 2 limes (zest & juice)
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs Sesame oil
- Ground black pepper
- To make the Laksa paste: Put into blender the chilies, garlic, ginger, coriander stalks, sesame oil, lime zest & juice and fish sauce then blend to a paste.
- Heat a large pan or wok add olive oil and Laksa paste cook for approx one min then add the coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Simmer gentley for 10-15 mins.
- Add the noodles to the soup, simmer for a few minutes
- Then add the prawns and bean sprouts and heat through.
- Ladle soup into 2 bowls and top with cucumber ribbons and sprinkle with coriander leaves .
This recipe serves 2. The nutrition information below is for each serving.
- kcals - 372 kcals
- Carbs - 13g
- Protein - 26g
- Fat - 25g